Thursday, August 14, 2008

Breaking Dawn



Oh, so good. Shout out to Nicole for going to WalMart at midnight with me to get this book. It's good to know I'm not the only one that's into teenage romance novels.

This fourth book by Stephenie Meyer is pretty good. The first and third books are my favorite in the series, but this one is still excellent. If you have read the series, you already know that's it great.

There are few disappointments, however. First of all, Renesmee. Did that really need to happen? I thought that it was boringly predictable, and didn't really add to the story or to the plot line. It felt like Meyer was desperate for somewhere to go, so she chose the most obvious path. I guess it turned out okay. Then, Jacob's imprinting? Seriously? Besides being creepy, it's a sloppy way to tie up that loose end. Maybe that's how Meyer has always envisioned this story, but I got the feeling that she was just looking to get this book done already and not have to think about Edward ever again. Which kind of hurts my feelings.

I still recommend this book, this entire series for everyone over the age of 16 probably, for the last book. And men, for the sake of your ladies, try to be a little more Edwardian in the future. We all would appreciate it.

No comments: