Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stranger in a Strange Land



Ugh. Yuck. Terrible. Don't even read it. The only reason it gets two stars instead of 1 is that I actually finished it--why, I don't know. 1 star ratings are for books that I won't even finish.

So, the cover of this book says that the book is "the best science fiction novel ever written". Excuse me?? I don't think so. So, this book is set in the future, when humans have gone on a trip to Mars and found life there. Some people were sent in a space ship to get some data, some people in the space crew had a baby, but somehow the baby ended up not making it back to earth until like 25 years later. So, it's a Martian and a human.

Anyhoo, I guess that's supposed to be the "science fiction" aspect of the book--Martians existing. The guy from Mars comes back to earth, makes some friends, and then decides to start his own church. That sums up the entire book.

Besides not really being a science fiction book, the author is totally absorbed in his own church-hating (every church) agenda and sex obsession. This book is not recommended!!!

No comments: